I must extend my many thanks to Carly for nominating me for another Liebster Award. You should really check out her blog, Message in Stanza, for some great musings, poetry, and photography.
I must also apologize for being slow because she nominated me a month ago, but here goes:
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave you the nomination and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
Humm, first off, I have to say I’ve never been one who likes to stay faithful to all the rules, so I guess I’ll play with these a little bit. Next, I assume (I know, assuming is not the best thing to do) that items 2 and 3 are separate items. Thus, the answers to the questions are different from the 11 random thoughts, and I just gave you one random thought, I don’t like to follow the rules all the time. 🙂
The Rest of My Random Thoughts:
I am thinking quite randomly today because I’m having a neurotoxic reaction to environmental pollutants and scattered thoughts is about all I can muster up about now.
Some days, no matter how organized you think you are going to be, everything will just deteriorate, or may actually improve, as seemingly chance occurrences unfold and take you in completely different directions than you had planned. Fun stuff.
I plan to do some standing meditation today.
I will be meeting with a friend later, something I had not planned.
I began the day working on a book, but now I’m bouncing about randomly digitizing words.
We have had a real Midwest winter this year. Last Tuesday it was a negative 7 degrees, Sunday it was 70 degrees and today we have freezing rain.
I’m still having trouble with this new keyboard not wanting to type the letters on the left-hand side. So, I’m having to do a lot more editing and adding back in all those missing Ws, Rs, Es and Ts.
I’ve finally got the house warmed back up having rebuilt the fire in the woodstove. I love the woodstove 🙂
I’m thinking about the new gear I need to pick up for a planned trip this summer.
I’m looking forward to Spring when all the flowers will be back in bloom.
- What are you most passionate about?
See number 3
- What is one thing you would like people to know about you that is not so obvious?
Nothing, if it’s not obvious, then I probably don’t want people to know.
- What are three of your favorite pastimes?
Traveling, Hiking, Writing, Photography – there, I gave you 4, although I usually combine them all into one activity Travwhikgraphy 🙂 I like making up words.
- Who is your favorite author?
Always a toss-up. I just love good writing. But two of my favorite satirical writers are Kurt Vonnegut and Christopher Moore.
- What is your favorite reading genre?
As I said before, I just love good writing. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, you name it.
Hummm – good – writing. Well composed, sucks you in, can’t get enough type of writing.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Write. Just start putting something on paper. It doesn’t matter what. Once you have something down, you have something to edit. That’s where the real fun is, I think. Great writers don’t always write great stuff. They write a lot, and a tiny bit of their stuff is great. So write.
- What two items on your bucket list might you do next year?
Going to Yosemite and taking a train trip through the Canadian Rockies.
- What is something you have always wanted to say to a loved one who has passed?
To my Dad – “You’re the wisest guy I know, thanks for being my Dad.”
- Who do you admire that is historically famous and why?
This could be any number of people, but today, randomly, I pick Thoreau. Not only was he a writer, but he lived out in Nature, at least for a while. And these are two of my favorite pastimes.
- When was the first time you really got scolded by your parents?
Probably when I was around 5. Once my Dad scolded us, we didn’t need any further discipline. We knew to be good, and if we needed reminding, he gave us the “look.” Yes, that look that bore right through you and said straighten up or else.
Again, not being one who likes to follow the rules, I’ll not list out blogs here. Instead, I nominate every blogger that I’ve had a discussion with here on WordPress. You all know who you are, so if you want to participate and pick up this challenge (and you don’t have to) here are my questions.
These are the same ones I picked for my first Liebster Award, but they are good ones 😊
- What is the title of the book you are going to write?
- What is your favorite pet?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- If you’re doing the cooking, what’s for dinner?
- What is your favorite poem?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could have a “do-over” in your life, what would you change?
- What is your favorite travel destination and why?
- Who is your favorite movie character?
- If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
- If you could commit a crime, and knew you would get away with it, what would it be?
I hope you all have a wonderful day.